Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

September 7, 2010

TWO CENTS ON T.O., KITA AND MO...

First off let me start by saying I had no mental or physical outline for this blog. This was more of an obligation to aid 2 of my sisters at a time when their names are being driven under the bus. This bus is marred with criticism, assumptions and speculation and the driver(s) rotating shifts for this bus are mostly a collection of black women.

And not just the typical black woman who's getting her pedicure while gossiping with her girlfriends and talking about everybody who passes her by. These are your rational, just, fair, ethical, and sensible black women (and not to say they're not gossiping and clowning folks neither-just on a classier, higher level lol).

I acknowledge this distinction because most times superficial and judgmental women will criticize and deconstruct any little thing or flaw. So it was to my surprise that a bulk of the criticism aimed at Mo and Kita weren't materialistic or anything to do with some bad yakki (weave my brother, weave).

To paraphrase the sentiment from my female friends at Mo and Kita is as follows: "I can't stand them; they annoy me....I can't watch a show seeing two girls obsess over a man who clearly hates himself.....they're so unprofessional." That's just a smidgen of the shots fired at the controversial publicity firm duo.

Now don't get it twist, Dice is the first person to call someone out and respond to things objectively. But something doesn't sit well with me taking shots at my sisters public ally, especially when they haven't done anything to me that warrants this type of response.
What I have seen is two sisters defy the odds and become successful in a male-driven entertainment society. Yeah their methods are unconventional, but are they as wild as the Kardashians when it comes to taking care of business? You can say what the Kardashians do and what Mo/Kita do are different, but at the end of the day it's publicity, and any publicity is good publicity. With that said, they've done a good job of maintaining a professional image.

If anything they're doing damage control. Terrell Owens was once a lightning rod of controversy and suffered miserably to stabilize a consistent team (or advertisements) because Corporate America was scared to touch him. Thanks to Mo and Kita, they've helped TO become approachable and pleasant; to the point a friend of mine said "he has no personality" (ask Dallas about his personality in 2000 when he disrespectfully spiked the ball midfield on their logo, or Donovan Mc Nabb when they publicly feuded).

'Who are their other clients?' is a half sarcastic question they ask? I'm sure they do have other clients, but obviously TO is their biggest one. Sure there were other artists on the Roc in '96, but who do you think Dame Dash was pushing the most? And lastly, before I get off my soapbox, I want to point something else out. Despite all the criticism they receive, you would think they'd be heroes amongst black women for riding TO for not preferring sisters and advocating he become more active in his children's lives. Though they support a colorblind love, there's been numerous times I've heard them clown TO for loving the "Beckies" or say something like ..."I just won't stand here and let him not be in his son's life." That's courageous and admirable for them to publicly take on those stances. I can't forget to mention also their selection of an assistant for him. They didn't get the hot modelesque chick (that I'd prefer). Instead they chose an older woman who has TO's best interests. And in regards to how they are perceived to be kissing TO's butt or seducing him, that's part of what the job entails.

Hell I'm nobody in the big picture, but I still like to be coddled a little here and there. You've seen Jerry Maguire and all the ass-kissing he did. That's just how it is with the client-agent/manager/publicist relationship. Sometimes I need some love from my Facebook constituents to keep it moving; even if it's condescending or pacifying! lol There's nothing evident or suggests that TO smashed any of the homies. I just see 3 people who have fun at what they do, and have fun doing it together because they know, love, and trust each other platonically. My only concern was with Mo's husband appearing to be soft and always emasculated.

Like why does your wife seem more concerned about TO then you? Or why is he doing LaMas class with your pregnant wife? But that's probably another topic of male/female roles in relationships...and that can probably be summarized as this: The Bread Winner calls the shots. Love it or Leave it.

There you have it Mo and Kita. I salute what ya'll doing. You guys are keeping it professional while still being yourselves and bringing flavor to the show. I ain't mad at ya'll!

*This was written under red terms, at 4 am, no proof-read.


from: http://thelegendofdice.blogspot.com/

No comments: