Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

October 30, 2012

DATING....GROW UP ALREADY....

My friend Allen is dating a young lady who he really likes a lot. He believes she could be the one…in a couple of years. Allen says his girlfriend has a little growing up to do. Her lack of maturity is shown when she doesn’t get her way, or handles things with little patience.

As he talked, I thought about how he was the same guy friend that advised me not to date a guy for “potential” but accept him as he is. Now, here we were having the same exact discussion ..and switched places. I asked him what he asked me, “What if she never changes? Could you still be with her?”
Although they are only three years apart in age, when you see Allen with his girlfriend, you can’t help but notice the stark difference in their maturity levels. Ah, but love is blind, right? He does not see what I see, just as I had to learn my lesson for myself.

Would you be willing to wait till someone “grew up” and behaved less like an adolescent? Is that one of those things that should be a dating red flag?
 

How can you tell if the person you are dating are compatible to your maturity level?

No comments: