Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

January 27, 2013

DATING IN ATLANTA....BAD RAP??


I was in Washington, DC to attend the Inauguration this past weekend. I had an interesting conversation with a few people at a party. Someone asked me where I lived and I proudly said Atlanta. Then that lead to a discussion about dating.
Someone actually felt bad for me because I was single in Atlanta! Like I got the “Aw, you poor thing expression” at least twice. Apparently, a single black woman in Atlanta can pretty much give up all hope of finding a man. Who KNEW?!
It did not take long for me to figure out where they were coming from: Between those dreadful Atlanta reality television shows, excessive number of strip clubs, and the “bachelor” married men, the dating scene in Atlanta gets a bad rap. Many people believe that Atlanta’s dating scene isn’t very appealing.
I tried to defend our city, you guys! I told them that there are many perfectly normal and sane single people living here. Of course, we have our share of misadventures, but doesn’t every city?
Why do you think our dating scene gets such a bad rap? Is it really as bad as others think? What about those of us who live and love here? Is Atlanta conducive to dating success?
Do your friends in other cities believe we are the capital of ratchet and debauchery too?
By Wise Diva, Misadventures in Atlanta Dating Blog

No comments: