Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

April 17, 2013

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ART OF DATING?

I guess it would be extremely appropriate for me to define dating before I continue. In my opinion, dating is how you get to know someone with whom you may be interested in pursuing a relationship. Dating used to be the initial phase and was followed by exclusivity (becoming monogamous). Then “talking” replaced “dating” and dating became exclusive.

 Enough of the history lesson! Nowadays, there is not much dating going on. People are going from hello to hookup! Now, I may be old fashioned, but I when I was dating, I wanted to know enough about a girl to make sure she had been a girl her whole life. I mean, at least tell me your last name. Show me some baby pictures or something! Dating was an art form. In most cases, a man had to formulate his “rap” to approach a woman who probably already knew whether she was impressed with him or not. Regardless of how she felt, he was allowed to pursue and validate the things he said as truth. This gave a woman the chance to prove the man to be Prince Charming or just another tired dude.

 Ladies, there is nothing wrong with dating more than one man at a time. I don’t understand why ladies think there is something wrong with that. Now clearly, I’m not saying you have to sleep with all of them. That is not a good idea Dating is a lost art. Dating should be fun and it shouldn’t be a hassle. The best way to get to know a person is to date.

 Let me caution you as Brian has: Sex changes every relationship. So before you complicate a relationship slow down and get to know the person first. There is no reason to make life harder. 

In some ways, society has placed this pressure on women that they must be married by 25 or 30. Many marriages have ended because they did not take the time to get to know the person they were marrying. The divorce rate is high enough, let’s not add to it. Let’s take the time to get to know someone. Who knows? It might be fun!

 By Wise Diva, and guest bloggers for Misadventures in Atlanta Dating Blog

No comments: