Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

June 24, 2013

THOUGHTS ON DOCUMENTARY...LIGHT SKINNED AND DARK SKINNED WOMEN USE THEIR COMPLEXION AS A CRUTCH

Watching that documentary, I couldn’t help to think that Director Bill Duke tried to sway the conversation, and make it more impactful, by having unattractive dark skinned women speaking about their struggles. There was one dark skinned women on the documentary that said she was called a “mud duck” by her friends father, as he warned him to stay away from dark women, and to me that father was both blind and an assh*le! Yet others were talking about their plight, and in my mind I thought “I don’t think skin tone has anything to do with why you couldn’t get any play”.

If you’re a woman who looks like Dwyane Wade, it doesn’t matter what skin tone you are, you won’t be attractive to me. Don’t use your skin tone as an excuse. Men who exalt sub-par light skinned women are no different. Just because a woman has fair skin doesn’t make her a dime! As men in general, we are somewhat conditioned to think that “light is right”. I’ve had to catch myself from automatically assuming a lighter woman was attractive to me, and I scrutinize now more than ever to avoid those conditioned assumptions. Just know that the jig has been above sea level for both the light skinned and dark skinned women complexion swindles for years!

No comments: