Hate It or Love It Most Popular Posts

April 29, 2010

WHEN LOVE GOES TERRIBLY WRONG....R.I.P.


Tumi McCallum was a beautiful girl, her parents were NYU professors. She obviously had options. What on earth did she see in someone like Michael Cordero who ended up killing her in a jealous rage with his bare hands? Pop the hood.

Even the defense lawyer cried.

There wasn’t a dry eye in a Manhattan courtroom Wednesday as two NYU professors spoke out against the jilted lover who killed their daughter.

“He smashed her beautiful face,” Teboho Moia, the mother of strangle victim Boitumelo (Tumi) McCallum, 20, wrote in a statement read by prosecutors.

“My beloved Tumi was silenced forever at a young age because she made a wrong choice about who to share her love with,” the grieving professor wrote.

“You barehandedly killed my child, your hands are stained forever with her blood.”

The victim’s angry father stood up to face killer Michael Cordero, who was sentenced to 25 years as part of a plea deal.

Robert McCallum claimed Cordero stalked his daughter before killing her in her mother’s Greenwich Village faculty apartment.

“Tumi was scared of you in the end,” he said. “I did everything I could to protect her, but you went behind my back to get to her one more time.

“You are a very dangerous person,” he said. “The fact that you stole from her tells me you were cold-hearted.”

The parents weren’t the only ones crying. A courtroom clerk wiped her eyes. Even Cordero’s defense lawyer wept.

So did Cordero as he turned to apologize to the family.

“I know what I did was wrong,” he said.

Yet he failed to offer an explanation for the brutal crime.

“It was just something that happened,” he shrugged, after declaring his undying love for the victim.

No comments: